Friday, September 29, 2017

Gumbo and Garlic Bread


Normally I would think twice before recommending a mix.  However, after my whole family loved the soup that was based on a box of Zatarain's Gumbo Mix, I feel comfortable mentioning it.  We even fought over the leftovers, and that is unheard of in our house.

I’ve never been to Louisiana and thus have never had a proper Gumbo.  This one was spicy, and (as directed) I added my own sliced sausage and cooked, diced chicken.  If I’d planned ahead, I could have included shrimp as well.  I also made lots of garlic bread, figuring if nobody liked the Gumbo we wouldn’t starve to death.

We didn’t go hungry.  We ate everything and wished there were more.

               For easy recipes, order "Help! My Apartment Has a Kitchen!"


No comments:

Post a Comment