Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Plugra Butter: What Is It and How Do I Use It?


I’ve read that chefs like to use Plugra Butter, especially for baking.  But I never bought any until I noticed it on sale at my local supermarket for $2.99 instead of $5.99 for an 8-ounce block.

Can Plugra be that much better than plain Land O’Lakes, Land O’Lakes’ European Style Super Premium Butter or even the store brand? We’re talking a slightly higher milk fat content, but what does that really mean?  It’s a little creamier.

I can’t really tell the difference.  I like butter on my whole wheat toast in the morning, but the bread I’m toasting is very flavorful to start with.  Also, I’m used to the taste of my regular butter.  Sometimes habits are hard to break.


                            For easy recipes, order "Help! My Apartment Has a Kitchen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment