Friday, October 19, 2018

A New Use for Mozzarella String Cheese


Looking back I think my first mouthful of mozzarella cheese came from pizza.  Then I was introduced to lasagna and other Italian dishes that featured this somewhat bland cheese. 

Mozzarella string cheese recently entered my life when a nutritionist recommended it as a snack.
 I dutifully chomped my way through several large bags of mozzarella string cheese until it occurred to me, ‘Why not cut up a string cheese to use on homemade pizza?’  It worked surprisingly well on my one-person snack pizza, which took 5 minutes to make.

I covered an 8-inch flour tortilla with pizza sauce, a sliced tomato and a mozzarella stick sliced thinly and placed on top.  Then I heated the broiler to 550 degrees, lowered the top rack so it was about 8 inches from the broiling unit and grilled the ‘pizza’ for 90 seconds, just until the mozzarella stick melted.  It was a great snack and not quite as boring as string cheese!



No comments:

Post a Comment