Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Eggs, Bread, Cheese and Pasta


If I were alone on a desert Island for a week, I’d want eggs, bread, cheese and pasta, plus some olive oil, garlic, salt and black pepper, if possible.  Whenever I’m cooking just for myself, these are the foods I turn to.  I may supplement them with salad and chocolate, but I could survive just on these four basics.


What would I be eating?  Plain omelets, cheese omelets, a fried egg on toast, soft and hard boiled eggs, a grilled cheese sandwich and a stripped-down Cheese Fondue

I’d have to do without the bacon or pancetta for Spaghetti Carbonara, but I could grate some cheese and add it when I added the beaten raw egg to the hot cooked noodles.  French toast could be tasty, even missing the maple syrup.

I think I would survive just fine.

                        For more easy recipes, order "Help! My Apartment Has a Kitchen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment