Saturday, November 24, 2018

Cheese Fries Finally Come to My Table


Where have I been for the last 20 years?  I had never eaten a Cheese Fry.  In fact, I hate to admit it but I’d never heard of Cheese Fries.


I like my cheese and I like my French fries, but combining them only occurred to me recently.  I did it out of necessity.  I had a lot of left-over fries, and knowing they wouldn’t reheat well I decided to sprinkle some cheddar cheese on top.  I then put them in the oven to heat up and get crisp.

How delightful! 

Now I don’t wait around for leftover French fries.  I intentionally make extra.  Sometimes I just make Cheese Fries to start with.  Kevin mentioned Garlic Fries the other day.  I’m going to check them out! 
Cheese Fries – serves 2-3 
2-3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges or 1/2-inch wide strips
2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese (or more if preferred)
1/2 cup crispy bacon pieces (optional) 
Begin preheating the oven to 425 degrees. 
Put cut potatoes in a casserole dish, brownie pan or rimmed cookie sheet and drizzle with oil.  Sprinkle with garlic, paprika, salt and black pepper.  Stir the mixture so the oil covers at least part of each potato wedge/strip. 
Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the potatoes can be pierced easily with a fork.  Remove from the oven and sprinkle with cheese.  Return to the oven for about 3 minutes, or until the cheese has fully melted. 
Remove from the oven.  If you are adding bacon, sprinkle it on now.  Transfer to a serving dish and serve with napkins.
                         For more easy recipes, order "Help! My Apartment Has a Kitchen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment