Friday, January 11, 2019

My Endless Hunt for Chocolate Desserts

Chocolate Pecan Bars (right)
One of my main missions in life is to find good chocolate desserts.  Yes, when I’m desperate I’ve been known to lay out a few handfuls of chocolate chips on a plate.

But that’s for my personal consumption.  I can’t really end a dinner party with a bowl of chocolate chips. 

My latest go-to chocolate dessert comes from my friend Rukhi,
who discovered a Chocolate Pecan Bar recipe on YouTube. 

Here is a rough approximation of this recipe, with my addition of chocolate chips.  Considering the large amount of butter, sugar and honey called for, no wonder there are no leftovers.
Chocolate Pecan Bars – serves 8 
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 
Crust:

1 cup (2 sticks) butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 2/3 cups flour 
Combine the butter and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined.  Add the flour and continue mixing until the mixture is crumbly. 
Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with foil and press the crumbs evenly into the bottom of the pan.  Bake for 20 minutes, or until the crust turns golden brown.  Remove from the oven and set aside on a cooling rack while you make the filling. 
Filling
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1/3 cup honey
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons whipping cream
1 cup chocolate chips
2 cups chopped pecans 
Melt the butter and honey in a medium pot over low heat.  Add the brown sugar and cream and stir to combine.  Continue heating until the mixture begins to bubble throughout.  Add the chocolate chips and pecans, stir well and pour into the baked crust. 
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove and let cool before cutting into squares.

                     For more easy recipes, order "Help! My Apartment Has a Kitchen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment