Saturday, September 2, 2017

A Fool for Chocolate


I sensed my life  going downhill yesterday when I found myself in the kitchen eating a spoonful of creamy peanut butter covered with chocolate chips.  It was my own fault.  I’d made a chocolate cake earlier in the week and foolishly given most of it away.  I didn’t want it to tempt me, but here I was making a fool of myself over chocolate.

I could have whipped up a batch of chocolate peanut butter cups, but that would have been work.  Or I could have made a batch of Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies – same problem.

Some people I am related to keep packages of store-bought but classy chocolate cookies hidden in their kitchen.  I have not yet gone that route, but maybe it’s time to start. 

Meanwhile, what could I possibly throw together in a few minutes that would fulfill my chocolate craving?  Finally I remembered my Quick Fudge recipe.  From start to mouth would likely take just 30 minutes, especially if I made use of the freezer.
Quick Fudge – makes 25 pieces 
16 ounces chocolate chips or semisweet chocolate 
1 cup chocolate ice cream 
Line an 8- or 9-inch pan with foil and set aside. 
Put the chocolate chips in a heavy-duty pan and melt over low heat.  Stir continually and remove from the heat when at least half the chops have begun to melt.  Keep stirring until the chips are mostly melted. 
Add the ice cream and stir until it has melted and blended into the melted chips. 
Transfer the mixture to the foil-lined pan and spread it around with a knife so that the top is relatively smooth.  Cover with foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.  Or if you can’t wait that long, place the pan in the freezer for about 20 minutes. 
When you are ready to serve, lift the foil and hardened fudge out of the pan.  Gently remove the foil and cut the fudge into pieces.  Store in the refrigerator.



                             For easy recipes, order "Help! My Apartment Has a Kitchen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment