Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Side Dish or Pasta Sauce – You Choose!


I was making Shakshuka for dinner the other night and miscalculated how many vegetables I needed.
  For two people I normally saute 1 bell pepper, 1 zucchini, a handful of baby onions or 1 small onion, 1-2 tomatoes, 1 medium potato, some spices and maybe a chopped up carrot and celery stick.  Then I crack 3 eggs over the top of the cooked vegetables and bake for about 10 minutes, or until the eggs are pretty firm.

This time I also threw in a 1/2-pound box of sliced mushrooms and a spicy chicken sausage.  At the end of the meal, we had a lot of vegetable leftovers.  My first thought was Vegetable Medley as a ready-to-eat side dish.  Then I remembered some leftover cooked bowtie pasta.  Why not turn the Vegetable Medley into a pasta sauce by adding another tomato and some Parmesan cheese.  Problem solved.

           For easy recipes, order "Help! My Apartment Has a Kitchen!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment