Saturday, September 14, 2019

Discovering How Good Tomatoes Can Taste After 5 Hours in the Oven


When I forgot to take the sliced tomatoes out of the oven the other night, it was not on purpose.  I had turned the oven off right before dinner, and I removed the buns I had been heating up.  But somehow I totally forgot I was also heating up sliced Roma tomatoes as a side dish.


Only when I was putting the cap back on the toothpaste did it occur to me that the tomatoes were still in the oven.  I rushed into the kitchen, removed them and shoved them in the fridge.  They weren’t burned like I expected, but I figured I would throw them out the next day.

Morning came and I decided to taste a slice.  What a surprise.  It had an intense tomato flavor, much more intense than any tomato I’d ever had.  They did not go into the garbage disposal.  They went on my dinner plate. 

Next time I plan to set the timer and bake them for 4 hours and see what happens.

         For easy recipes, order "Help! My Apartment Has a Kitchen!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment