Sunday, June 14, 2020

Real Mayonnaise Made with Avocado Oil: What Is It and How Do I Use It?


Mayonnaise with Avocado Oil (left)     Best Foods Mayonnaise (right)    
For most of my life I kept a 30-ounce jar of Hellmann’s or Best Foods Mayonnaise in the fridge, alongside the ketchup, mustard and BBQ sauce.  I never thought twice about it.  Mayonnaise was mandatory because as a teenager I ate a tuna salad sandwich every day.

A few months ago I happened upon Primal Kitchen’s 24-ounce jar of Real Mayonnaise Made with Avocado Oil
at a free-sample table in Costco.  I liked the taste, and I liked the ingredients: avocado oil, organic eggs, organic egg yolks, organic vinegar, sea salt and organic rosemary extract.  No soy bean oil, canola oil, sugar or unpronounceable additives.

I bought a jar for about $8, more than twice the cost of Hellmann’s (sold East of the Rocky Mountains) or Best Foods Real Mayonnaise (sold West of the Rocky Mountains}.  It’s now my go-to mayonnaise.

                      For more recipes, order "Help! My Apartment Has a Kitchen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment